help - usbankfocus_responsive
An Authorization Code is a security feature that adds an extra layer of protection when you log onto you online card account, especially if you are using a public computer. Once you enter your card number and password:
- An email with an Authorization Code will automatically be sent to the email address that we have on file.
- Enter the authorization code on the screen when prompted.
- You will be asked if you want to have your access device remembered (computer, mobile phone, etc.).
- If you are using a private and secure computer, you may select "Remember this machine." The computer or device you are using will be recognized the next time you log in and you will not need an Authorization Code unless you use a different device.
- If you are using a shared computer or one that is not secure, select "Do Not Remember" You will need an Authorization Code each time you log in.
Once you have added the email address, read the steps below and try logging in again:
- Verify that the email address we have on file for you is correct. You can find your email address on file above the text box where you will need to enter your authorization code. If your email address is not correct, call the number on the back of your card for assistance.
- Check your Spam or Junk mail folders for the email. Once you find the email, mark it as not junk or not spam to help ensure proper delivery in the future.
- If you notice long delays in receiving your authorization email every time you log in, this could be due to a delay with the email provider that you use. It may not happen every time and is important to keep checking back to see if it has been delivered. Some email service providers seem to experience longer delivery delays than others. You may consider changing your email service provider. If you cannot log in to change your email address, call the number on the back of your card for assistance.
- If you have tried the steps above and are still unable to log in, call the number on the back of your card to receive further assistance.
If your Authorization Code does not work, type in the Authorization Code from your email following the guidelines below:
- Be sure to type the code exactly as provided, paying attention to upper and lower case letters.
- Do not type any spaces or periods.
- If you copy and paste the Authorization Code, make sure you are not copying and pasting a space or period.
- If you continue having trouble, call the number on the back of your card for assistance.
If your Temporary Password does not work, type in the Temporary Password from your email following the guidelines below:
- Be sure to type the password exactly as provided paying attention to upper and lower case letters.
- Do not type any spaces or periods.
- If you copy and paste the Temporary Password, make sure you are not copying and pasting. If you continue having trouble, call the number on the back of your card for assistance. but I get a new Authorization Code each time I log in.
If you have never logged in to this website with your current card number, you will need to go to the log in screen and enter your card number under "Create User Account". At this point you will validate your card and set up your PASSWORD. Your password must be 8 to 12 characters long, must include both alphabetic and numeric characters, and at least one capital letter and one lowercase letter.
- If you receive an error message that says "Exceeding the maximum number of tries will lock the account and prevent access," this could indicate you typed your card number incorrectly or you typed your password incorrectly.
- Try re-entering your card number and password. If you lock yourself out of your account, call the number on the back of your card for assistance.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Password link and follow the steps to request a temporary Password.